Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SWEET N SPICY

Let me paint a lovely picture for you….it’s Friday night, you are sitting in crazy traffic for over an hour in the middle of a horrible rainstorm to get to the airport. After finally getting through the delightful security line, you arrive at your gate. An hour passes reading a magazine and finally it’s about time to board the plane when you hear the last five words you want to hear at that moment; “YOUR FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED.”

Yes, sadly my flight to Colorado was canceled due to weather conditions so I was not able to make my brother his first home cooked meal since returning from overseas. L The good news is I’m going to use my ticket to fly out in a couple weeks and visit him then. The other good news is I was able to attend Maya’s Oscar party and boy was I glad. The food was seriously on point. Smoked salmon and caviar blinis?! Yes please!!

Last night, I had a craving for something spicy and sweet, and found a terrific recipe to fulfill my craving here. Since my grill is currently out of gas, I made these spicy chicken wings in a nonstick pan on the stove. I adjusted the time to 40 minutes over medium heat, turning the chicken every 10 minutes. I also added some shrimp to mix things up. I cooked the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side until pink over medium heat. Finger lickin’ good! The glaze packs a spicy punch, but has a nice sweet tang so you don’t completely burn your mouth off. I am looking forward to trying these out on the grill as soon as I get my gas tank filled up! (I can be quite the procrastinator at times).


R

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks good! Any leftovers? Thanks for the recipe - can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, there were no leftovers. Portion control is never an option when something this delicious is sitting in front of you. Which is precisely why you need to make this for yourself! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete