Friday, May 6, 2011

MY GO-TO MEALS

For as many times as I eat Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine, I feel I should either own a time card because I'm there so much, or buy some equity in the company.  More than pho, I fill my weekly meal schedule at least 3 times with either the Bossa Salad with chicken (romaine, chopped fresh tomatoes, roasted almonds, gorgonzola, homemade croutons and chopped red onion, tossed in a homemade balsamic vinaigrette), or the Traditional Boneless Chicken (marinated in Brazilian herbs and spices served with buttery white rice, black beans, salsa and yucca flour with your choice of french fries or fried plantains).  

Today for lunch, I got the Traditional Chicken with plantains.  Good story, I know.  I don't really stray from these two dishes because I don't need to.  I never get sick of either entree.  If you have a Bossa Nova in your area, you must try my suggestions if you haven't already.  I promise you'll love them both!

Add caption
This West LA location is at 10982 W. Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA  90064 (310) 441-0404.



I like to mix the rice, beans and salsa together, then sprinkle the yucca flour...basically over everything.


It's really difficult not to polish off all of the rice.  It's so buttery and flavorful.  But if I plan on having chicken pho for dinner, I'll skimp on the carbs for now so I can save some room for them later!

M

2 comments:

  1. love bossa! but you have to try the bossa salad with shrimp.. i'm telling you, you're missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I sounds like I HAVE been missing out! If you say I must, I shall. Thanks for giving me another reason to order at Bossa Nova.

    ReplyDelete